Verified Reviewer

I received 3 emails on 1/12/21 stating that the dresses I had posted online were identified as counterfeits. This is absolutely false and ridiculous!

The tags are displayed on the dresses. Two of the dresses were from England. Due to the fact they were from the UK, the SKU may be different from the US. It is not unreasonable to have styles in the UK that are not available in the US, especially if the company originates from the UK (ie.

Ted Baker London, Karen Millen England). The third dress was labelled Theory 38, and is a past collection of the Theory brand.

Poshmark removed all of my listings, and I was to be placed under a Moderator Removed Listing status. In the email, Poshmark had instructed me to remove any other counterfeits from my closet, as if I was already deemed guilty of a crime. This a complete insult to me, as I AM A DOCTOR and own many more expensive and authentic merchandise such as Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc.

My intent was to downsize and sell my items online, but because of these false accusations I immediately closed my account with Poshmark.

It is also interesting to note that I had been targeted after I changed my profile picture. Because I am of Asian descent, the company infers I am presumably Chinese and selling counterfeits. This is racial profiling.

Poshmark needs to hire competent staff who can thoroughly research a product. Furthermore, there must be cultural awareness training for the employees to eliminate prejudices against the seller and/or buyer.

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise.

Poshmark benefits from their outrageous selling fee of 20% (this is besides the point that they have a hypocritical policy against price gouging by sellers). Ultimately, Poshmark is the one losing out in this deal.

I do not recommend Poshmark, their absurdity in treating clients is a truly an understatement.

User's recommendation: Take your business elsewhere! Do not waste your time with this nonsense!

Product or Service Mentioned: Poshmark Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Poshmark Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments