Poshmark published my password

Poshmark has sellers download apps on mobile devices to sell their goods.I did this and Poshmark published my Apple ID password as my user ID on the site.

There was no way to remove the listing nor change my user name. I am not happy at all about having to scrap a password I have used for years. Poshmark knows their app does this but blames the user. If you need to reach Poshmark the only way seems to be on Facebook.

They will then remove your negative complaint and block you from commenting. Poshmark has has millions invested in it and they can't build a site or app that is safe for it's users. Nor can they afford customer support or tech support apparently. Be vary wary of Poshmark.

I created a Facebook page called Poshmark No if anyone else needs to complain.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 14 Yes 14 15 No 15
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Sue Poshmark

Mar 26 #1134239

Report them to the attorney general and called the main brand such as Gucci or Chanel to take action against Poshmark. That will be the fastest shut down and lawsuit against Poshmark.

Dec 21, 2015 #1081700

I get several late night spam texts at a time from poshmark with a link. Each Phone number is different and I block each number, but they continue to text. I don't know how they got my number or name, but I'm over getting spam texts that wake me up at 12:48 eastern time or 3:30 eastern time. I am going to contact my cell phone provider and alert them to these spam numbers.

Report Posh Crooks

Mar 26 #1134236

You are entitled for at least 10grand in lawsuit against Poshmark for violation in spamming. Pull put all your record

Apr 04, 2015 #967828

It's extremely shady how after I wrote poshmark.com about a trademark infringement on my brands nane and one of its users, immediately following an email they sent me saying they had removed the requested material, my site with my brand name was hacked almost instantaneously. Now I've had to contact people to get to the bottom of it. If this is how they operate then God Bless them and good luck doing business that way. Karma is a *** of a
thing. When it IS found that they were responsible it's not going to be good for them.

1 0 Reply

Dec 06, 2014 #911918

Having done some application programming I am highly skeptical that this isn't user error OR a glitch that has more to do with a third-party app like a password manager. There is absolutely no way the poshmark app (or any app that isn't malware) could get access to password or any other data entered into another app. The way the operating system handles application memory space doesn't allow for sharing for a variety of practical reasons, one of them being security. Add to that, most apps do not even store password info, plain text or otherwise, the exception being password managers. Even when you log in someplace, the password kept on database would be a hash of your plaintext password, which means it's been scrambled in a way that makes it virtually impossible to decrypt (it's designed to be a one way process). So even the server does not know (i.e. store) your actual password as you know it. The only way for poshmark to know it would be if it keylogged everything you typed and someone took the time to fgo through all your keystrokes and figure it out. This is straight up hacking. Not even the most privacy invasive app on the market could get away with this kind of violation and still be vetted by Apple, Google, et al.

10 1 Reply

Nov 04, 2014 #895508 San Diego, California

poshmark is a SCAM. Horrible customer service, they will block your account if you make a complaint and give you this bogus excuse. Buyers can keep your money and your items and poshmark want't no part of it, will ignore your emails, They are only interested in the 20% they take from each sale you make, I agree with a comment here shipping is so high, even if you bundle your items. Anybody can register, even defrauder buyers or sellers, to many counterfeit items and when you report to poshmark they do nothing about it. TOTAL RIPOFF

2 3 Reply

Dec 19, 2014 #918135 Cincinnati, Ohio

I agree I was scammed by a posher by the name of @astraea. She purchased my authentic handbag, reported my item as "not as described" they gave her a refund and instead of shipping my item back she shipped me a bag of pennies!!!

0 1 Reply

Feb 05, 2014 #782265 Las Vegas, Nevada

Here's what Poshmark has to say about passwords and private info
Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Poshmark of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. Poshmark will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.

3 4 Reply

Feb 05, 2014 #782184 Las Vegas, Nevada

Here's a link connected to Poshmark. Check this out. Boycott Poshmark and India!

Feb 04, 2014 #782107 Las Vegas, Nevada

I didn't sell on Poshmark nor would I. Poshmark is also taking advantage of people by charging so much for shipping. A 4 ounce shipment cost under 3 dollars from USPS. A full pound is about 6 dollars. A coat may weigh a pound but a dress or a top won't. Pretty lame when there are tons of programs available that can be installed on websites to calculate shipping. Many of these shipping platforms allow the marketplace site to send the labels to their seller as well. Poshmark would rather make a buck or three off everyone. If your already buying and selling on Poshmark and don't have a issue with your user ID this post may be irrelevant to you. If you haven't signed up for Poshmark and want to don't do it over the weekend. You won't get any help if something goes wrong and your info will be up for everyone to see. If you sell a product that is recognizable you may want to post something that is not so recognizable until you know your private info isn't tagged with that listing as well.
The worst part of this whole thing is that Poshmark seems to be designed for this. If they weren't they would have people standing by to fix it ASAP. A support center would be a drop in the bucket to them. Unless of course they already know they have horrible business practices and the main goal is to just cover these issues up rather than taking measures to protect others. If your doing well on Poshmark good for you. It does look like its a lot of fun for a lot of people. I for one won't
... Show more

2 7 Reply

Apr 28, 2014 #809814

I totally agree! If it wasn't Poshmark jacking up the prices or shipping, I can list my items at a lower cost, but since they take 20% and charge a monstrous shipping fee, I could sell my listings cheaper. Poshmark was founded by clueless chicks that have no idea about how to run a business. Well said!

1 2 Reply

Feb 04, 2014 #782081 Las Vegas, Nevada

For the non Poshmark fans who are here for a reason, search Poshmark complaints. They aren't easy to find. Poshmark makes useless web entry after entry to hide drive down the SEO of anything negative about them. Their employees are busy hustling the social media pages to create more business. they are a mutli million dollar company making tons of money off of others. The site and the app are poorly designed as well and they are offering zero tech support. Customer service doesn't exist with them. Their only concern is controlling the spin. if you have an issue with Poshmark the only way to get their attention is to post on Facebook where others can see it. Sell on Open Sky or a company that is not so dishonest and cares about protecting the private information of it's customers. Call their investors if you don't get anywhere. They should know the money they are giving Poshmark, a company with a horrible record with the better business bureau, funds a crappy site that cost probably a grand to develop and an app that cost about the same or less. I know peeps that build apps btw. Shameful programming and in my opinion Poshmark is stealing from investors.

4 3 Reply

Feb 04, 2014 #782073 Palo Alto, California

Is Poshmark a cult? So strange that pro Poshmark people would be searching for Poshmark complaints. Especially when this whole review is hard to find. You are all so devoted to search thought 6 to 8 pages to get here.

3 5 Reply

Feb 04, 2014 #782035 San Francisco, California

This lady sounds crazy and paranoid. I found this review because it was shared on Google+. I love Posh and I've made tons of money! (Well I've spent a lot too but hey, worth it.) So far, so good.

5 4 Reply

Feb 04, 2014 #782068 Palo Alto, California

Read the message sent by Poshmark and see how Poshmark admits they know this is happening. Wow you and Poshamark are neighbors no? I guess because you make money it's okay for Poshmark to do this to people. Or you work for Poshmark.

2 3 Reply

Mar 21, 2015 #961663

«Read the message sent by Poshmark and see how Poshmark admits they know this is happening»
They are "admitting" that many of their users are so dumb to type their password in the "user ID" field. This does not mean that their app is flawed. Their users are, though.

7 1 Reply
Report Poshmark

Mar 26 #1134235

That answer is from Posh insider. That's in SF where I just filed a BBB report against them

Feb 04, 2014 #781914 San Mateo, California

Weird! I don't think apps have that info though. I accidentally did that on Instagram once- put my password as a username. LOL! Easy mistake. Didn't they offer to fix it for you asap in their comment?

4 0 Reply

Feb 04, 2014 #781925

No it's not an easy mistake. Stop blaming the users of you faulty app Poshamrk!

2 6 Reply

Feb 04, 2014 #782039 Hercules, California

LOL! I did that on Instagram too :grin definitely easy if you're breezing through sign up! I don't think it's a big deal if they offered to help you fix it right away

3 1 Reply

1-20 of 29 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Poshmark. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Poshmark.
Filing a new complaint about