2.6K views 29 comments
Featured Not resolved

Poshmark has sellers download apps on mobile devices to sell their goods.I did this and Poshmark published my Apple ID password as my user ID on the site.

There was no way to remove the listing nor change my user name. I am not happy at all about having to scrap a password I have used for years. Poshmark knows their app does this but blames the user. If you need to reach Poshmark the only way seems to be on Facebook.

They will then remove your negative complaint and block you from commenting. Poshmark has has millions invested in it and they can't build a site or app that is safe for it's users. Nor can they afford customer support or tech support apparently. Be vary wary of Poshmark.

I created a Facebook page called Poshmark No if anyone else needs to complain.

Had an Experience with Poshmark?

Comments

Sue Poshmark

Report them to the attorney general and called the main brand such as Gucci or Chanel to take action against Poshmark. That will be the fastest shut down and lawsuit against Poshmark.

I get several late night spam texts at a time from poshmark with a link.Each Phone number is different and I block each number, but they continue to text.

I don't know how they got my number or name, but I'm over getting spam texts that wake me up at 12:48 eastern time or 3:30 eastern time.I am going to contact my cell phone provider and alert them to these spam numbers.

Report Posh Crooks
to Anonymous #1134236

You are entitled for at least 10grand in lawsuit against Poshmark for violation in spamming. Pull put all your record

***errevenge

It's extremely shady how after I wrote poshmark.com about a trademark infringement on my brands nane and one of its users, immediately following an email they sent me saying they had removed the requested material, my site with my brand name was hacked almost instantaneously.Now I've had to contact people to get to the bottom of it.

If this is how they operate then God Bless them and good luck doing business that way.

Karma is a *** of a

thing.When it IS found that they were responsible it's not going to be good for them.

hmmmgirl
#911918

Having done some application programming I am highly skeptical that this isn't user error OR a glitch that has more to do with a third-party app like a password manager.There is absolutely no way the poshmark app (or any app that isn't malware) could get access to password or any other data entered into another app.

The way the operating system handles application memory space doesn't allow for sharing for a variety of practical reasons, one of them being security. Add to that, most apps do not even store password info, plain text or otherwise, the exception being password managers. Even when you log in someplace, the password kept on database would be a hash of your plaintext password, which means it's been scrambled in a way that makes it virtually impossible to decrypt (it's designed to be a one way process). So even the server does not know (i.e.

store) your actual password as you know it. The only way for poshmark to know it would be if it keylogged everything you typed and someone took the time to fgo through all your keystrokes and figure it out.

This is straight up hacking.Not even the most privacy invasive app on the market could get away with this kind of violation and still be vetted by Apple, Google, et al.

www.***letrends.com
San Diego, California, United States #895508

poshmark is a SCAM.Horrible customer service, they will block your account if you make a complaint and give you this bogus excuse.

Buyers can keep your money and your items and poshmark want't no part of it, will ignore your emails, They are only interested in the 20% they take from each sale you make, I agree with a comment here shipping is so high, even if you bundle your items.

Anybody can register, even defrauder buyers or sellers, to many counterfeit items and when you report to poshmark they do nothing about it.TOTAL RIPOFF

Slimqt
to www.***letrends.com Cincinnati, Ohio, United States #918135

I agree I was scammed by a posher by the name of @astraea. She purchased my authentic handbag, reported my item as "not as described" they gave her a refund and instead of shipping my item back she shipped me a bag of pennies!!!

clayball519
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #782265

Here's what Poshmark has to say about passwords and private info

Member Account, Password and Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Poshmark of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session when accessing the Service. Poshmark will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #782184

Here's a link connected to Poshmark. Check this out. Boycott Poshmark and India!

clayball519
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States #782107

I didn't sell on Poshmark nor would I.Poshmark is also taking advantage of people by charging so much for shipping.

A 4 ounce shipment cost under 3 dollars from USPS. A full pound is about 6 dollars. A coat may weigh a pound but a dress or a top won't. Pretty lame when there are tons of programs available that can be installed on websites to calculate shipping.

Many of these shipping platforms allow the marketplace site to send the labels to their seller as well. Poshmark would rather make a buck or three off everyone. If your already buying and selling on Poshmark and don't have a issue with your user ID this post may be irrelevant to you. If you haven't signed up for Poshmark and want to don't do it over the weekend.

You won't get any help if something goes wrong and your info will be up for everyone to see. If you sell a product that is recognizable you may want to post something that is not so recognizable until you know your private info isn't tagged with that listing as well.

The worst part of this whole thing is that Poshmark seems to be designed for this. If they weren't they would have people standing by to fix it ASAP.

A support center would be a drop in the bucket to them. Unless of course they already know they have horrible business practices and the main goal is to just cover these issues up rather than taking measures to protect others. If your doing well on Poshmark good for you. It does look like its a lot of fun...

I for one won't sell on a site that cheats with the shipping costs. I don't want to pass that cost on to my buyer. I don't sell vintage and keep my prices as low as possible. For me if I did sell on Poshmark they would essentially get 40% of my profit.

No thanks. I also see how it takes weeks to hear back from them if you don't get your purchase. I was astounded that Poshmark lets sellers pass off replicas as genuine articles and leaves the buyer to fend for themselves on purchases that are over a grand. That's just downright awful.

Had Poshmark built their site to allow me to remove that listing right when all this happened I don't think I would be posting here. Had they not placed a little lock on my user name so I could have immediately changed it I doubt I would have posted here as well. They did not and had a non tech person explain to me that it was impossible to have happened when I made them aware. A responsible company would have handled all this differently and apologized for my inconvenience.

Instead they have been dismissive and defensive. They are either aggressively trying to cover something up or really just don't care.

So we have this man, who is not from our country, claiming to be doing this to offer women opportunities. He is making buckets of cash and leaving those that he is making this money off of to deal with their frustrations on their own.

If your pro Poshmark and know nothing about coding don't comment here please.

Your just showing the world how brainless and reckless Poshmarkers may be.Not fair to those that already have product up.