65 views
Verified Reviewer

Let me start by saying this site promotes new or slightly used brand names for discounted prices.... I ordered a pair of Ariat boots from Poshmark on Jan 18, 2020.

On the listing the boots looked brand new as they were sitting on an Ariats original box and still had the boot fitters intact. I got the boots they were shoved in a brown box wrapped in white shopping bags... no box no boot fitters. Well the Poshmark app had been prompting me for hours to let the seller know I had received the item seeing I had just gotten home from work and it was 10pm I just went to the site and marked that I had received the item.

Next day I put them on and wore them around the house to simply break them in well they started falling apart not only did the inside come apart like powder the outsides also began to crack and peel. So I instantly messaged Poshmark requesting a refund and sent them the picture of the boots just deteriorating... they messaged me back and said bc I marked the item as received I do not qualify for a refund! Their web site does not state this all it says is you have 3 days from the date you receive the item to request a refund.

They gave me a credit to my Poshmark account for not even half of what I paid for the boots!!! I also contacted Ariat the boot manufacturer and they confirmed they are authentic Ariats but they are over 11 years old!!!! How do you sell 11 year old leather boots as new when that material will fall apart if it is not taken care of! Before I received this pair of boots I ordered another pair on the 22 of Jan well when this all happen I was thinking great I dont want those other boots either so I went to their site to see what their cancellation policy was and it said if the item is not shipped by the 7th day after purchase is made the buyer can cancel the order so on the 7th day I requested cancellation of the second order they denied that as well stating that they give the seller u too the 8th day!!!

Which is not what their policy states. I received the boots about 5 days later they were listed as a size 11 and they were a size 10.

I requested a refund and they sent me a return label and gave me less that one day to ship the item or the label would expire. This business is a complete scam and a total rip off please save yourself and do not use Poshmark!

Poshmark Pros: Honesty in the consumer reviews.

Poshmark Cons: No buyer ptotection, Fraudulent practices, Unethical business practice, Poshmark published policies are not the actual policies they use, Poshmark published policies do not apply to all members.

Comments