Verified Reviewer

2.8

Update by user May 02, 2021

I am seething! Despite the fact that I submitted photos that showed my item was new and that the buyer willfully damaged the bag and shot photos to support her claim, Poshmark found in her favor!!!

When I provided the photos that should have helped me easily win the case and either get my money back or have her pay for the return postage, they still decided I was at fault and did not disclose the "true" condition of the bag. She even replied to my challenge to her claim in a way that all but showed she was admitting guilt. By pulling off "But I am new to the site, and forgot I was not allowed to make deals off platform," to get their sympathy, it's clear from the type of expensive stuff she lists she is clearly NOT new to the online resale game.While the buyer protection policy can be a good thing, they are definitely blanking over the sellers. As soon as I complete some small transactions, I am pulling my high ticket items off this site immediately, and will even think twice before buying anything else.

They probably won't care about losing my business, but the thought this clearly experienced buyer/seller "won" is disgusting.If Poshmark keeps abusing and using sellers, and not paying attention to the fact there are troll buyers pretending to be naive, this case and others like it will NEVER be resolved. It would be a small consolation prize if the buyer pays the return fees and sends Pineda Covalin bag bag so I can salvage it and sell it at a loss.

Original review posted by user Apr 30, 2021

This is what I sent to Poshmark a few moments ago. If anybody can provide more advice and direction beyond sending text and other things to customer service, please let me know.

When I returned a couple of different things to Poshmark two years (size info innacuracies), I was required to provide significant photo evidence supporting my claims, and I complied to get my refund. Today, the "buyers" seem to get away with a lot more:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much with your help on recent issues I have had with buyers whom I believe are trolling me. Please excuse this long letter in advance.

However, once again, another buyer is threatening to not pay me/file a return claim against me (her message, attached in a photo is a little suspicious as the buyer did not seem to understand she has to request the return through Poshmark instead of asking me directly for a refund). Her claim is that I did not accurately advertise the product (see my photos), claiming the leather was peeling on the handles, and even suggested I sent her a different bag or very old photos of the same Pineda Covalin bag.

Minutes after I posted the Pineda Covalin purse, Lupita198 went after it, and we agreed on a price, and I sent it out ASAP.

I am learning that when it comes to better bags on Poshmark, it's SELLER beware as I have been victimized by three prospective purse buyers and another thing I recently sold (a relatively expensive piece of designer sterling jewelry) is mysteriously "lost in the mail" (though I was reassured that was in transit and to just keep an eye on the USPS tracking).

(Observations: Lupita198 also claimed she was going to give it as a gift to her daughter for Mother's Day but can't because I was not honest. However, based on her site, and all the designer bags --Coach, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Brahmin--she has listed for sale, she could have given her daughter any of those beautiful bags.)

As a matter of practice, for any bag without a dust cover, I put it in a tote bag to protect it (especially this bag, which has fragile silk in its design), I put tissue paper in the purse so it holds its shape, and put tissue paper padding around the bag before boxing it up. I do not think the handles/straps would be frayed by wrapping it in a cotton tote bag and putting it in the box.

Prior to this, one buyer who purchased a Lululemon "festival" bag claimed the photos did not represent the bag (filing a return claim against me), but my counterargument was that she should have read the description more carefully and blown up the photos to see it was "well loved." Compared to new versions of the same bag, it was priced significantly lower.

Here, Poshmark gave me the benefit of the doubt and the situation was handled in a way favorable to both parties. The other situation was a troll trying to initiate a purchase of my Shanghai Tang purse offline minutes after I posted it, which I reported and flagged as directed by Poshmark customer service.

Based on experience selling things online, I thought Poshmark was a safe place to sell compared to others, but now I am questioning.

Please help and advise (above and beyond putting my higher-end bag and jewelry listings on hold).

Many thanks,

Elyse

Elyse Glickman

User's recommendation: SELLER beware.

Product or Service Mentioned: Poshmark Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Full payment for the bag ($115 - postage and fees) as the buyer did not provide photos showing damage claimed OR get the bag sent back to me without my having to pay the mail-back costs.

Poshmark Pros: Great deals, Good selection, Easy to navigate, Opportunity to reposh if something does not work out.

Poshmark Cons: Increase of questionable buyers, No proof of damage claimed, No protection for sellers, Buyers have to substantiate claims for refund, Uptick in poshers not observing rules.

Comments